Created in 1992 by Robert and his two sons Jean and Albert Boghossian, Lebanese jewelers of Armenian origin, The Boghossian Foundation aims to contribute to development and education.
In its first fifteen years, the Boghossian Foundation devoted itself mainly to the task of helping improve the living conditions of young people both in Armenia and Lebanon in order to encourage a better future for them.
« The youth is the future of a country».
After completely renovating the Villa Empain, the Boghossian Foundation established its headquarters there in 2010. A jewel of Brussels’ Art Deco architectural heritage, the Villa Empain is now a Centre of art and dialogue between cultures of the East and the West, of encounters and discoveries, of shared emotions and wonderment open to all.
The Boghossian Foundation hosts a rich artistic program and unique activities all year round : exhibitions, concerts, conferences, dance performances, workshops for kids, artist encounters, guided tours, meetings, film screenings, performances, yoga classes…
The Boghossian Foundation continues to finance social, educational and artistic and projects in Belgium, Lebanon and Armenia.
« The role of art is to make a world which can be tolerated » William Saroyan.
- – To contribute to youth education and the development of the dialogue between the East and the West. Specifically, the Foundation will
- – Promote all initiatives encouraging the dialogue between the cultures of the East and the West through actions and projects.
- – Support and improve the living conditions of all people or communities by favoring education, professional training, and cultural initiatives.
- – Contribute to child protection, youth education, improve the quality of life and living environment, promote young artists, and encourage cultural exchanges and creativity.
- – Present and conserve modern and contemporary works of art, facilitating a mutual discovery between East and West.
- – Organize exhibitions and events improving the dialogue between the cultures of the East and the West.
- – Enable public access to information, documents, archives and works favoring the dialogue between the cultures of the East and the West.
- – Offer a residency program in Brussels to students, artists and researchers, as well as a course encouraging the dialogue between de cultures of the East and the West.