Since 1992, the Boghossian Foundation has been actively involved in Armenian infrastructure development and activities aimed at opening up and educating the youth of Armenia.
In collaboration with UNICEF and with Sonia and Edward Balassanian, the Boghossian Foundation worked on creating and funding a Center for contemporary art and documentation in Yerevan.
The center has been created with following objectives:
- The center aims to provide young Armenians quick and easy access to knowledge concerning international art news.
- To support the process of search, discovery, and conquest of “new frontiers” in the arts.
- To facilitate creation and presentation of contemporary art by Armenian artists, at home as well as at international fori.
- To counteract commercialization of art, and to replace market criteria by intellectual and emotional determinants.
- To create partnership between Diaspora Armenians and the art community in the Republic of Armenia in support and promotion of the Armenian arts and literature.
Equipped with a library, a video archive and computer facilities, the center is now staffed with professional guides and organize courses and lectures on art history.